Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mallorie Shows the LOVE

God's Word calls us to share His love with everyone we come into contact with whether we know them or not. We can do this with a friendly word or smile, or we can go out of our way to do something of service, even if we have no idea who will receive it.

Four years ago, Mallorie, my daughter, 8 yrs. old, decided that she wanted to grow her hair out and donate it to Locks of Love, a group that helps children who have suffered from cancer and other diseases that cause them to lose their hair.

Mallorie has been diligently growing her hair all this time, and yesterday, she decided it was the day for her to donate her hair. Without hesitation or nervousness, we went to the Hair Gallery together, and Ms. Doris cut 10 inches of hair off Mallorie to donate to Locks of Love.

What a selfless, determined act of love. God calls us to take a stand for HIm in this world, and I am very proud of Mallorie. Not only for the donation of her hair, but because she made a decision 4 years ago and followed through. She remained committed to her decision, and she faithfully and whole-heartedly remained true.

Are we taking the same stand in our daily walk with Christ? Do we stay true to what we say we believe? Are we willing to take as long as God determines?

God wants us to always be true to Him.

WAY TO GO, MALLORIE!!! I am proud of you and your stand! You are an tremendous example! Hopefully, others will follow in your footsteps!


For more info on Locks of Love, visit http://www.locksoflove.org/.

Keep Shining,
Mr. Bill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys I relly like my hair cut I wish you could be there. See you soon,


love
Mallorie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Bill, I am so proud of your daughter for cutting her hair for Locks of Love. I am proud of her for donating it to the children who have cancer. I am going to cut my hair next month probably as long as my hair is long enough. Right now, I have 9 inches and have to get to 10. I can't believe that she has been growing her hair since kindergarden and now it is cut. Mallorie, your hair is so cute! Pastor Bill ,your daughter is the BOMB for cutting her hair.

Love,
Mackenzie